Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Break is Evil

Everyone is always making plans to go places during Spring Break...like weeks in advance. I dread breaks from school. Especially one as deceptive as a week long break during the Spring. I know that I will take a few days to move-in, relax, busy myself with seeing people I need to see and doing errands that are easier to do at home than at school (i.e. laundry, hair cuts). Then I am finally ready for a break, and I already have to think about going back to school.

I avoided making any plans for as long as I could, until I was informed by my roommate it would be too late. So I booked a trip for literally 1.5 days to NYC to meet up with him to see some shows and some friends. I did this because



A. There was a great benefit show I wanted to see with such lovely ladies as Lea Salonga, Liz Calloway, and Maureen McGovern;












B. To see some of my good friends who live in NY; and finally









C. To break up the monotomy of me being frustrated with my parents and boredom at home.










Anyway, it turned out to be great. I also got to see "Company", which was fabulous. I returned with enough time to devot to family and friends, errands, auditions and a bit of relaxation. Look at me multi-task!

Today, however was the first day back at school. It was hard. Truly, it was. We didn't do too much in class, but we did discuss all the things we still need to do. All through break I just kept thinking about how after Showcase I will be done, and life will be grand. Oh my goodness. I just want to graduate and live in my parents basement and get an acting job and/or day job that will pay me enough to let me move out on my own. Okay list of stuff do to:

1.) TV/Film Class scene
2.) Fight Certification
3.) Showcase
4.) Recital
5.) Bob's project
6.) Little in-class assignments


Let's do this thing.

P.S. I am trying to figure out how to do different text with my MAC... any ideas as to italics, bolding etc?

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Woo hoo! Welcome, A to the S, to the fantabulous world of bloggificating.

1. Dig the title.

2. Sounds like a good trip, and I look forward to hearing all about it.

3. For some reason, Safari is dumb and will not show you the menu bar that allows you to change fonts, bold, etc. Use Firefox instead (download at www.firefox.com).

4. But Macs still rule. You hear me everybody? Drink the kool-aid. Wear the robe.

Anonymous said...

This is what I've been waiting for! I knew you'd cave eventually. You are a person with many things to say and now you have a forum on which to say them. Fah-boo-luss.

Mac is whack. Y'all heard.