Thursday, January 31, 2008

No Country for Old Men

William was kind enough to accompany me to see this movie. He is a good gory/scary movie companion, because he tells me when I can watch and he holds my hand.

So this movie was good when it finally started to move. I still don't quite understand the set-up, but it kinda doesn't matter. The whole story is about this crazy guy:
Listen, when I say crazy, I mean like real crazy. I don't mean loud, speaking from the devil crazy, and I don't mean stoic dumb monster crazy. This guy is just living in absolutes and likes to shoot things. Now, let's talk about how this guy (left) is actually this guy (right) in real life:












He really looks almost deformed in the movie, like a huge ogre. In real life he is very good looking and is playing Guido in Nine... perhaps the sexiest male character ever written for the stage.

Okay back to the movie. I liked how there isn't too much suspension of disbelief or at least it doesn't seem like it at the time. When someone can be shot at, they are shot at. When someone couldn't possibly have gotten out without being injured, they are injured and that stays with them into the next scene! Who would of thought of that! Anyway, I won't be seeing this movie again, but I'm glad I did.

A to the S grade: A-
Teacher Comments: Coen brothers, nice teamwork as always. What a creative adaptation! This is a great addition to your already fantastic body of work. I can't wait to see what you do next. Hopefully there will be less bone breaking.

2 comments:

William said...

"...huge ogre."

HAHAHAHA!

I'm glad we went. It was great seeing it again with a set of fresh eyes...even though those eyes were occasionally covered with trembling hands.

Also, the guy in front of us gave me a look for crinkling my (illegal) candy bag. Dirty looks during a movie are SO my move.

A to the S said...

i think he was probably judging us because we ate too much candy. bastard! i'll tell YOU when i've had enough!