Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Good and the Bad

As my theatre teacher always told me to do, I'll start with what's positive:

The people I work with are great. They all responded super fast to my plea to switch work shifts, and most people wished me luck on my audition. That was so nice. Also, no one has punched me in the face for asking one million questions. So that's also really good.

The people in my play seem pretty cool too. I've only had two rehearsals, and one was just a reading, but they seem like a good group of people. I'm excited to really start to get into it.

Alright now what's bad:

My audition today was all over the place. The songs I ended up doing went fine, but I was somewhere else. I'm pissed that I let myself get so flustered, but they told me about five minutes before I went in, that they actually wanted a different genre than they had said on the phone. Great. Good things I had my book, but I still wasn't totally prepared. The piano player was super nice, and she made the audition bearable.

I am unmotivated. I haven't been working on new monologues, reading plays, or doing any movement work (yoga, exercise, combat, or dance). When I have more free time, I tend to let things slip. Someone needs to just come and organize me a bit and give me deadlines and goals... although I suppose I'll just be proactive and figure it out myself.

Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is:
'Are your ready?'"
- Johnny Carson

No comments: