Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Science of Sleep


Gael Garcia Bernal (Motorcycle Diaries) stars as an inventor who had trouble keeping his subconscious out of his everyday reality. The visuals of this movie were interesting:

However, the movie is really boring. Stephane (Bernal) is not likable... besides that fact that he is so good looking... because he is so selfish. You never really want him to "get the girl." The whole movie I found myself wanting the story to get out of the way so we could just watch the visual stuff the director was doing. There was one point at which I thought we were going to switch over into his subconscious totally, and that would have been interesting, but that didn't happen. Ah well. I don't recommend seeing this.

A to the S grade: D
Teacher Comments: The only thing that is keeping you from failing, is your innovative style. Either commit to making the movie all about the visuals, or fill out the characters and work on the plot. I am very disappointed in your work because I think you can do better. See me after class.

No comments: